Thursday, December 25, 2008

Soldier In Iraq Sends Gifts Home For The Needy


Folks, this is what “Selflessness” looks like…

Please go to the link for the video. God has a special place in His heart for men like this.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause, but sometimes, he wears BDU’s.

Margie Snow spent Tuesday unpacking clothes and food sent by her son in the military. He’s stationed in Iraq, and even that far away, he was thinking about the needy back home “He said, I just want to give back, he said, because we got plenty over here. He said, I just want to give back because I feel blessed. So every day he calls about a different box on its way,” Snow said.

Army Staff Sergeant Jeremy Snow has been in Iraq since January, but he came home earlier this year and that’s when he got the idea to buy gifts for the less fortunate. Snow and his Army buddies went on-line and used their own money to buy new shirts, coats and even mp3 players.
Snow said, “They got together and they was like, what do they need? What do they need? And I said, I don’t know, just send little things because I know like, especially with the coats and shirts, and he got together with his unit and boxes just started arriving.” Sergeant Snow also shipped cereal, crackers and noodles. It’s the kind of stuff usually sent to soldiers. This time, it’s the soldiers who are giving.

Snow said, “I’m retired military. Being over there during the holidays, I know it’s lonely and a gift means so much, so that was my main thing and to have it surprise me, it was just a good feeling to know that he was not so worried about what he was getting, but he was more worried about that people here had stuff.”

http://lftbhndagn.wordpress.com/2008/12/17/soldier-in-iraq-sends-gifts-home-for-the-needy/